Saturday 3 April 2010

Smashbox Photo Finish lid Primer


This lid primer is possibly one of the best eyeshadow primers I have ever used, for the most part I used paint pots mainly bare study as it gives that nice sheen on the lids.

However it was a little too much when I needed extra protection, it always ended looking too glittery. So I came across this lid primer and started using it more and more, mainly because it gave a matt finish and was pleasing when I went for more natural looks that bare study kind of pointed out.

The overall lasting effect is a day long and I realised this since I compared it to bare study that did do me justice in terms of staying power.

The wand applicator makes it easy to get the primer in the small areas such as the inner corner, whereas sometimes I would get bare study a little too high on the lid.

The formulation blends easily and gives an even distribution, and although it looks flesh toned, when applied it becomes sheer.

Overall I like this primer at least much better than UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion) which is such a waste of money for what you can get out, its as if all urban decay care about is the look of their genie inspired bottle!!

The only downside of this primer is the packaging, and its due to not being able to get all the product out when its near to finishing , although it is easoer than UDPP.

I guess its something that SmashBox seem to share with UD lol.

Houda :)

No comments: