Tuesday 20 April 2010

Pretty Product: St Ives Apricot body scrub

 

This is in my pretty products list because it's probably been the only body skin care item that I have been re-purchasing so many times I've lost count of how many tubs I've owned, and also because I have a back up of it in my bathroom lol.

The reason being  due to the amazing good value for money and the quality of this product. I could start off  by saying that the texture is very conditioning but at the same time the exfoliants contained are really good but  don't feel scratchy on the skin.

It's made of natural exfoliants and leaves my skin so soft and smooth, I usually so a test on my skin to see whether it has actually cleaned off the dead skin and other horrible things that build up on the upper layer of the skin's surface, and what I do is to scratch my skin while it's wet and if I get a residue or build up of (stuff) shall I say then I know the product is not working or living up to it's claims.

However when I do this test after using my lovely scrub I get no residue at all or anything peeling off so I'm absolutely sure of my skin being clean and radiant, because I can actually see the difference afterwards, my arms and legs seem to have a glow of their own and I have less in grown hairs urgh! how I hate them and  whats is better is that lotions that I use also absorb quicker in to my skin and I spend less time rubbing then in.

But the best part of this product is how long it lasts for and how much it is compared to the amount of product you get. For a 300ml tub of this apricot body scrub you pay the RRP of £4.99 at any Boots or Superdrug but I normally wait for the offers and buy 2 each for £3.49 at superdrug so you save even more. 

I have tried endless exfoliating products because I think it is really important to exfoliate your body aswell as your face to keep it healthy and renewed. 

Products such as philosophy Margarita salt scrub really worked for me but come with a slightly big price tag and even though I really loved it the price was a bit much for a student in the middle of a recovering reccession, so when I discovered this scrub I was so happy I kept buying 2 each time and made my mum use it too and I use it about 2 times a week,.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review and that you try this product too because it is well worth the money.


Houda x


No comments: