Wednesday 14 April 2010

MAC Liberty of London Haul and Swatches


So Mac have teamed up with Liberty of London to create a beautiful collection this spring it's all about florals and little birdies, so as I checked it out on the website I saw it was my opportunity to venture into the world of lipsticks. I had always had a passion for makeup in general but always steered clear of lipsticks and it was because I hated how they felt on my lips and how most lipsticks wouldn't come off easily with baby wipes or makeup remover, that is untill I began researching and playing with MAC lipsticks that I thought these colours are so beautiful and they would suit me so I'll give it a go.

The attractive thing about MAC lipsticks was how many different textures they had, like how eyeshadows were divided into satin, velux pearl and matte lipsticks had their own classifications to suit everyone like Creamsheen and Amplified cream or even Lustre.

So I headed down to Selfridges MAC counter and looked for the collection, and knowing me I had already decided which one I wanted ( Blooming lovely) so I asked the MAC lady if I get could get that one, and the funny thing is I completely forgot about the other ones in the collection and rushed out because I had to go Uni.

Then when I got home I was so excited I wanted to see what other people had said about Bloomng Lovely and realised how I stupidly forgot to get the toher 2 lipsticks becasue how pretty they were when people swatched them and I  was like "aaah why didn't I get those too?" so the next day I ran back to selfridges with the lipsticks in mind and quickly swatched it on my lips ( obviously I wiped the top and used a cute little lip brush) to get the approval lol and went to the MAC counter so quickly I nearly forgot to put the lipsticks back after I showed them to the MAC lady ( NOTE: the reason I was rushing was due to the fact that I had to go and buy meat for my mum :)  )

Anyway enough rambling for now here are the swatches and pic 

 


From left to right: Blooming Lovely, Ever Hip, Peachstock


 
 



Blooming Lovely (Amplified Cream)






Ever Hip (looks pink on me) creamsheen


 


Peachstock (perfect Nude) satin

 Peachstock/Blooming Lovely/Ever Hip

No comments: