Tuesday 14 September 2010

loving drugstore eyeshadows :)

I have to say, I rarely buy any drugstore eyeshadows mainly because they tend to be cheap, bad quality, and not pigmented.

But I was browsing through boots and these lovelies were on offer and I had seen them before and often contemplated buying them and I finally gave in.

Tadaaa!

I picked up 2 maybeline eyeshadow palettes and an eco tools angled eyeliner brush

I really like this brush its stiff enough but not also offers some flexibility which I love for creating cat eyes. I actually bought this because I lost my GOSH angled eye liner brush, thankfully I prefer this to the GOSH brush, its better quality and more stirdy.



As for the eyeshadows I have recently been enjoying eyeshadows other than MAC I sometimes find that their eyeshadows are a little over rated since one of my palettes has virtually no pigmentation
I feel like I threw  £30 in the bin :(

However there is one range of MAC eyeshadows that I adore and they are the (velux pearl) the sheen and shine they give is immaculate and if all the MAC eyeshadows were like this I would have them all. Sadly that isn't the case but I found a new love and maybe a substitution for the following 2 palettes :)


The Silky glam palette is my favourite! the colours are so pigmented and feel buttery and soft they are a little sheer but only slightly and is buildable. the colours can be described  from left to right as (light ice gold with glitter, pale yellow gold, rose bronze colour, and a cranberry brown my fave!.

The diamond glow palette is nice too, the colour combo is something I had been doing for a while before I got this so I really like the pink and grey.

Colour description  left to right: icey white, light baby pink, silver, gun metal.

All the eyeshadows have a shimmer sheen to them non are matt phew!



My overall verdict:

Ok, so for drugstore eyeshadows they are pretty good the Diamond Glow palette is a little on the lighter side and a bit chalky never the less I still love them and I have them in my bag most of the time since these days I never know when I'll be invited to go somewhere and don't want to lug around eyeshadows in my bag.

heres a look I did with it

taken with my phone so colours are a little washed out :(

One little thing to add about the dark berry Brown colour in the bronzy palette. I tried to see how close it was to one of my Bodyshop shimmer cubes, but its actually not the same the maybeline has a pinker undertone.


Has anyone tried these palettes if so, leave a comments below stating which one :)


No comments: