Friday 3 September 2010

Canada haul

Don't you just love it when you get makeup from another country?

I do, and when I found out that my cousins from Canada were coming to London I was over joyed! Maybe a little sad, since I was more excited about what to get rather than them coming but can you blame a makeup addict?

I had little to no time to think about what I wanted from there I mean come on!! Canada is as good as America! they have a sephora there so I grabbed my chance, but due to them having limited time to shop for me as they did so kindly I only managed to get 3 items.

The first was a product I really wanted since I am a liquid/gel liner addict I wanted to try the buxom lash liner in "leatherette", I first heard about it on MakeupByTiffanyD's channel and I knew I had to have it.


I have to say I love this product It claims to condition, lengthen and volumize your lashes if you use it everyday but since I haven't had the chance to wear it everyday "I mean every single day" I don't know whether it reached its full potential.

I did see that my lashes were softer and maybe a little thicker but it may take longer to see more dramatic results.

So what do I think of it?
  • Very smooth and soft application feels lovely to use and leaves a nice glossy finish.
  • Non Drying like other eyeliners that you may use.
  • I did feel that it smudges easily I wouldn't say that it stays put all day, after a few hours it runs a little and you have to touch it up.
  • I'm still glad I got it I don't mind touching up my makeup especially if I am going to the ladies during the day, I'll just take it with me if it looks a little faded.
  • I love how it contains beneficial products and its natural since I use black liner everyday.
Would I purchase again yes, I would actually even if it runs purely because of the ingredients.

"This mineral-rich, paraben-free, whipped gel formula glides on like a liquid liner and dries to a long-wearing smudge proof eyeliner. The formula is made with natural ingredients, including vitamins A, C, and E; Honeysuckle; Jojoba Oil; Soy Protein; Tourmaline; and Biotin (vitamin B), which support healthy lashes"


Fluidline by MAC lasts longer but lashliner applies easier and you can make better cat eyes with it

The next product I lusted over was the Stila smudgepot in kittnen. I actually thought this was going to be a cream eyeshadow but its actually an eyeliner!
It looks lovely on the skin especially under pearly eye shadows it gives a nice silk look to the lids which I love!
Kinda reminds me of barestudy paintpot but longer lasting

Lastly I got some mineral veil, which was actually the wrong one, but I can't blame them for trying. I asked for the specific well dressed under the eyes mineral veil but I got the ordinary one, which I don't mind since I already use it.

Has anyone tried these products out?

Houda

No comments: