Tuesday 1 March 2011

Skin care products I am loving :)

FACE
So over the past months I have been trying to get my self a good skin care routine that works for me and keeps my skin hydrated and not breaking out.

My skin is on the dry side but certain aspects of my previous routine were making me breakout in horrible difficult to deal with spots.


My award winning "my actually award list :)" is the Neal's yard Orange flower facial oil I purchased my second bottle today because I loved it so much. It really is an amazing product and even though we are always being pushed into having so many different products into our skin care routine I personally feel that less is more.

It contains Neroli to help balance your skin, sea buckthorn to repair and replenish the skin and the lovely pomegranate for the dose of anti-oxidants.



It comes with this nice little applicator :) I use about 2 drops 

I think they best way to look after to skin is by giving it what it actually needs not too much or too little, some people say we need to use masks toners and so forth but I feel like I should only use them when I need to.

For example I am prone to blackheads and possibly because my skin is dry so dry skin builds up on my pores and they eventually get clogged up.

I have read from blogs and facial therapists like Renee Relaou that you get blackheads when the oils in your pores oxidise therefore turning them black.

So I Incorporated an antioxidant in my skin care that is in the Neal's yard facial oil. and so far I'm loving it! it keeps my skin super soft I don't get that slimy feeling that I used to get with creams, this is because creams and lotions contain glycerin that becomes slimy when with water. the emollients used that contain glycerin  forms a barrier across the skin this also tends to result in clogged pores.

 My little pump broke :( propbably because I dropped it about 50 times! 

This is a free sample of the honey scrub which I will be trying

However without knowing any of this I personally felt that creams weren't for me :( but I was surprised to find out that it wasn't just me being fussy but the Neal's yard lady told me that little peace of info so I was relieved

I have also been using my Alpha-H rice scrub everyday to insure my make-up is all off and my skin is renewed although bare in mind I use it very gently only in my stubborn areas like my nose, forehead and sides of my nose.



One last tip the therapist told me was that because I wore make-up everyday it was important that I do use a toner because that is the only product that will stay in my skin after I wash it since when I was my face I wash all the essential oils off too, so a toner will help that.

Sorry Elemis I don't love you that much!


EYES


You may not remember that I purchased a few months ago the Bobbi brown concealer kit and the eye cream that comes with it.


Ooooh creamy.....

I knew that for my concealer to look and stay put nicely under my eyes they had to be moisturised and I also knew that I had to moisturise them to look after them since I wear concealer every day so I was happy with my choice, so far it has been good for me it doesn't do any miracles but in terms of my under eyes being less dry then yes its good, its a fairly thick cream but not too thick that it annoys me or makes me feel tired,
in my past experience eye creams have done that to me but this one seems to be good I also like how it contains Aloe Vera, Jojoba seed and Avocado Oil.

I don't think I will be changing it any time soon here is some info about it on the Bobbi brown website.

Has anyone tired any of these products?

No comments: