Wednesday 23 June 2010

NARS Orgasm Illuminator Vs MAC Strobe Liquid

I have been loving these 2 amazing products for a while now and they are staples in my everyday routine, to cheat my way to healthy looking skin, when it just doesn't look its best sometimes but these too are supposed to do the same type of thing but actually act very differently.



MAC's Strobe liquid is a pearly white lotion that goes on sheer and contains lilac tones with the ulta fine shimmer, and combined together they create a really beautiful natural glow, I get a lot of compliments and I love to add a little extra on my cheeks and cheek bones then I apply a blush on top and my favourite is Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre.

I dont actually apply this all over my face because it sometimes magnifies the blemishes if applied heavily :( but its not like a powder highlighter its less shimmer and NO GLITTER I will definately buy this again as I love the blush combo! It works every time. I would say it is good for all skin tonesand colours but does not feel sticky or greasy at all.

 on the left: Nars Orgasm, Right: MAC Strobe Liquid

Nars Orgasm blends in to the skin with less colour than strobe liquid
In sunlight Strobe liquid gives more luminosity compared to Orgasm

The Nars Illuminator is a little different it has a different colour its a mix of pinks peaches and gold its a nice mix of colours I love how it warms up my complexion but doesn't give a shine I usually mix it with my foundation and it gives a really natural looking glow especially since I am on the yellow side.

I don't find that this product emphasizes any blemishes or bumps so I would recommend it to anyone.

Overall as an Illuminator my favourite is MAC's Stobe liquid its suites my skin better and gives more light to my face I don't know if  I will be repurchising NARS Orgasm Illuminator but we shall see :)

No comments: