Monday 20 December 2010

Sugaring Hair removal

Hey Lovelies!

I recently repurchased a product that I use over and over again it can be home made but for £1 its really helps me and it's 100% natural YAY!

I actually bought it from a Grocer in edgeware road that's where you will normally find it you may find it in some asian shops too but they are more fond of threading than sugaring. Most women if not all in the middle east use this method of hair removal and young girls are trained to be all beauty efficient and learn to sugar every part of their body, they rarely or never use a razor.


What I love about it:

Other than being all natural, I love that i can use as much as I want or as little to use on every part of my body whether it is a leg or an upper lip or even the sides of the face.

You won't get burned with this like waxing and this actually works best at room temperature so is perfect and wont irritate.

If it gets too warm and doesn't snatch anymore you can just pull it away fast and sharp and it will gather.

One piece goes a long way and you can keep re-using it until it gets full of hair,

Removes dry skin as well as hair and you can see it your skin becomes more radiant!

If you ever get your self stuck in a rut and your sugaring an awkward position like underarms then you can just pop in the shower and wash it off with warm water and start over this is not possible with waxing since the wax needs to be removed with oil.

They come double sealed so they dont leak everywhere
How it works:

The way to remove the hair is to get a sample of it on your hand and warm it up in your palm once it becomes flexible you can start applying it on your skin and smooth down in direction of hair growth then with a fast and sharp pull just like waxing remove the piece of sugar and start over.

oooh caramel!
I really love using this and my grandma usually makes it for me. I need to learn how to make it from her incase I run out one day and have an emergency wedding or something!

Has anyone tried sugaring before?

7 comments:

Layla said...

my grandma usually makes it for me too, but she doesn't live close by so i need to learn how to make it myself also. I've tried a couple of times, but it never sticks enough to pull the hair out, I think I overcook it or something. I wonder if they sell that product here in the USA, I've never seen a good sugaring product here before.

Sasha said...

Hiya Houda, I was wondering which shop you bought that from on Edgware Road because I've been looking for it for ages! My grandma in Libya sends me some but I was hoping to by it myself in the UK.

Many thanks and you have a lovely blog x

Houda said...

@ Layla they should sell it in the US I mean it might be packaged differently but if you look in the more ethnic areas where there is a high population or arabs or asians ir turks then you may find some there x

@Isabella I bought it from a shop called ZamZam they sell arabic and middle eastern food it was right at the back there is also a store called sindibad near church street xxx

thank you for supporting my blog people like you guys make me happy!

Unknown said...

My sister tried sugaring for removing hairs on her armpits (last 2008). I can't forget that day because she screamed so loud… LOL! Then last year, she underwent laser hair removal. West Palm Beach is known for beauty enhancement services. That's why she had her laser hair removal, West Palm Beach (FL)-based. Well, the benefit of this is you don't need another session for removing hairs because it won't grow anymore.

JustinBarley said...

Doesn`t it hurt like hell ?

I mean... using caramel ... WOW!

man and van London

Houda said...

@JustinBarley it depends where your removing the hair im used to waxing and sugering so it really doesn't do much to me in terms of pain :)

@Adrian thanx im glad you liked it x

incandescentskin said...

Thanks for sharing helpful information, I really like your all post.

Do you know the benefits of sugaring over waxing? Visit Incandescent Skin now to know why people prefer sugaring over other types of hair removal.