Wednesday 10 November 2010

walk around selfridges

Hey everyone long time no blog been very busy and didn't find the time to blog about this, I recently went to selfridges I initially went it to try on and test the Bobbi brown concealer and corrector I was persistent on not buying it then and there since I really had to see if it was good and worth it and since I have been budgeting makeup purchases I had to be sure if I liked it so..

The lovely makeup artist approached me as they do, and I assumed I would be the shade peach on corrector like most people but I wasn't it looked too ashy and that is one thing I really didn't want ASHYNESS to me it looks worse than concealer and you are seriously defeating the purpose so I was patient and let the makeup artist work her magic on me she kept showing me what she was doing and if I liked it she also wrote down everything she used on a facechart which was really helpful.

What she did:

She started off with the Hydrating eye cream to use under corrector and concealer I already use one Alpha-h age delay its like a creamy moose, but I really liked this one since it had a primer, be aware that this is ONLY FOR DAYTIME so do not use it in the night.

Next using a creamy concealer brush (in between a 216 and 239) she applied the corrector in Medium to Dark Bisque all over the dark area and blended with her ring finger

Then she applied the concealer in Warm beige using same method as before then to finish off she set it with the pale yellow powder that comes with the concealer.

Must have corrector!


The I was happy with the look of my under eyes but I didn't trust the lighting there so I told her I would think about it and see if I liked it, she didn't pressure me into buying which was good.

I came home and my mum thought I had a facial which was really funny to me since I have never had one, but her compliment was what gave me my first acceptance of this concealer.

Pale yellow powder

A little info on what I wanted and what my problem was:

Problem: I have dark circles that slightly go in so can make me look very tired and normal concealer sometimes just doesn't cut it especially if I don't drink the amount of water I should. My current concealer (By Terry) which was OK did not really last and tended to dry at the end of the day

Result: I was pleased to find that from 6 to 12 my concealer was intact, it stayed the same and it did not budge. What is more astonishing was that the powder that is used in conjunction with the concealer wasn't drying at all so no obvious cracking :)

 Key notes:
What you must realise is that you will not have a complete perfect texture under the eyes since there are folds and the skin is very thin but the creases in this concealer disappear with very gentle patting with my ring finger .

To achieve the perfect concealer under the eyes especially with cream ones you must insure you pat well and blend it well for it to conceal and last along time.

Final thoughts:

I am in love with this concealer it lasts ages and you don't end up looking tired after a long day, in terms of price I got the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer kit for £23, the Bobbi Brown Corrector for £16 and the Hydrating eye cream formulated for under concealer for £27   I do think it is worth the price and a little goes along way with these products I hope to use them for a year or so.
The pale yellow powder is not actually yellow its very sheer but is very good in setting and does not dry out the area.

I would not advise you use the puff pad since you might pack on too much powder and the makeup artist didn't use it anyway rather she used a large fluffy brush and shaked off the excess.

So after that I went for a little browsing and saw that they had a little event going on for Lancome and Artistic director for Lancome Aaron de mey was there to launch his makeup box collection for Christmas. He claimed them to be his key products that he swears by and its was signed by him too.
 Aaron, the model and Alex (glamour beauty editor)
I wasn't too surprised by his collection of you ask me it wasn't anything to special it seemed like he just picked the best sellers and classics and put them in a box (I know harsh) but being so fussy about makeup I would have expected to see something more creative not something you can find you self by browsing.
 Despite women going mad asking where they can get it 
I didn't really see anything special do you?

What annoyed me was that beauty editor Alex steinherr was acting like she had never seen anything like it and the Christmas collection was like a new found range this is why I like bloggers they actually know what they are talking about and not just try and make it sell.

Have any of you tried Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer? what do you guys think about Lancome products and the new Christmas collection?

No comments: