Wednesday 24 November 2010

Favourite Conditioning treatments

I haven't been blogging for a while due to lots and lots of work! but I have been very good to my hair these past months so I decided to post a few of the home remedies I do and some of the products I use if I feel little lazy but make my hair feel amazing!

Hair Routine:

I have pretty normal hair and that means I get greasy or oily at around the 3rd day I have perfect hair for 2 days and the 3rd day its flat and is starting to need a wash I used to be silly and wash my hair by lathering and mixing all my hair together and making sure all parts of my hair are covered in shampoo but I stopped it suddenly came to me that I remember reading an article way when I was little that you shouldn't mix your hair like that instead you should lather the scalp and then leave it for a few minutes and then when rinsing all the shampoo will clean your hair enough and not too much especially since the lower parts of the hair get dry quickly and mine do very much.

After doing this for a while I realised my hair is less frizzy and keeps its shine better but my sister has very oily hair and it doesn't seem to work for her to understand your hairs behaviour before doing any of the following:



Olive Oil

So the first is not new to anyone and I'm not at all suggesting that this is exclusive but I do use it on my hair I leave it in and wash it out or sometimes sleep in it and wash it the next day morning if I'm going out or the following evening if its a weekend to get extra goodness into my hair. Although sometimes I feel like its too expensive to use especially since we use it a lot in my house  so I will only do it every now and then.

Vinegar

Other natural products I use and one i really love the effect of is rinsing my hair with some vinegar I heard it adds shine so I tried it and it really does I can't figure out why but I think the acids remove any gunk you would have in your hair but since its natural it doesn't strip your hair of its natural oils I like to use white Vinegar not the dark brown one but to be honest the smell is sooo strong I rarely do it but I may try and get into it again.

Ojon Hair restorative treatment
I would show my one but it looks really mashed up this is a little more glamorous lol

I have to say I love this product it works just as good as olive oil but better I feel like since its thicker it does a better job it comes in a bowl hard and you scoop it out with the little comb, you melt into your palms and run it through your hair I had actually spent 2 days with this in my hair I was at home did not have any were to go so I took the chance and the results were fab my hair was so lovely and shiny. This roughly costs around £39.

 I also Occasionally like to spray my hair with the Ojon Revitalising mist

Deep conditioner 

I love the Lee Stafford poker straight conditioner it makes my hair so soft i can't stop touching it its amazing and if I don't use it my hair just isn't the same I have coloured hair and I don't really use heat on my hair other than a hair dryer and the rare styling but I was looking for a deep conditioner and got this and so far soooooo good I will definitely repurchase this!

A new wonder: Akin leaving conditioner a new product on its way as we speak I my mum told me about this and i saw it in a few magazines and I'm keen to try it my mum had a few akin products from the beauty bash at QVC so we shall see !

2 comments:

The Michelle Show said...

I used to use Ojon too, but it is so expensive and hard to track down other then ordering online. I'm actually allergic to Sulphates, so I went on a hunt for a set that was Sulphate free and was reccommended Morrocan Oil... I have been using their shampoo/conditioner/treatment for a year and a half, my hair is down to my butt and EVERYONE asks what I use on my hair. Its just as good and half the price, I promise!

Michelle

Houda said...

Oh thanx il try that x