Thursday 14 July 2011

Right down my alley....

So I have been enjoying a few products some more recent and others a few months now I was a bit naughty this year and have been a little lazy when applying sun screen :( not that I like to tan I don't think it suits me very much the last time I tanned when I went fishing I looked ten years older but since my mum is a few shades darker than me I have a natural olive skin tone which I enhance with a few products which needs a post of its own.
2011-07-05 13.59.26
But I recently bought this sunscreen that is available from QVC and Waitrose I really love the texture of it I used to use my Alpha-H spf 30 but I felt like it was too thick especially to wear under makeup.
2011-07-05 14.00.03
I bought it for £19 from waitrose and I know its a bit pricey I feel like such an idiot because my mum told me that the day before I bought it QVC had a TSV "Today's Special Value" on it where you could get a bundle for £24 but I guess it wasn't meant to be :(

I would recommend this under makeup I apply it with a foundation brush to ensure I get a well covered matrix then I apply my foundation or nothing it just depends on what im doing that day.

One product I have been using for a few months is this amazing deodorant by L'occitan and the funny thing is that it belongs to my DAD lol

I know I know you guys must be thinking what! Well my mum got this for my dad to use but he never did, he tried it once but I guess it didn't do anything for him, but on me it was great! I was running out of my own Bodyshop deodorant and I saw this in my mums room so just took it and I have been using everyday since then, but I must tell you it does have a strong mens smell but I never wear short sleeves and I never ever smell it on me after I put my clothes on so its a winner!

2011-07-05 14.00.32

2011-07-05 14.00.49
Oh did I mention its Aluminium free and Alcohol free yay!
I also love this hand salve my Keihl's but not for my hands but for my KNEES yes my knees! I suffer from very dry and a little ashy knees and no matter what I tired NOTHING works and then one day I found this at the bottom of my draw and thought to my self "hey this might help" and OMG it left my knees amazing, I used it twice so far but due to me being so busy all the time it slips my mind to apply it but when I do its lasts all day and during the night doesn't slip off onto the sheets rather you feel it still on the next day!
2011-07-05 13.59.49

And finally one product that I really enjoy using, Garnier Alcohol free makeup remover, I love this more than the Bodyshop eye makeup remover since that stings if it gets into my eyes and it leaves a sticky residue on my skin eww.
2011-07-05 16.57.13
2011-07-05 16.57.27
I like because it removes every inch of makeup on my face in minutes no rubbing required but make sure you shake it before you use it otherwise you will only get the oil part of it which isn't very pleasant, but when mixed properly its refreshing and totally non sticky :)

Have you guys tried the products above leave your comments below x

1 comment:

s said...

Might actually by the hand salve cream- I too have really bad knees! I need some sort of ASAP fix up! Thanks for the recommendation!

BTW if you are interested in super cheap items (all under a fiver check out my blog sale! http://hijabme.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-sale.html)