Saturday 14 May 2011

"To prime or not to prime that is the question!"

So im back blogging! yay i CAN FINALLY BLOG MY LIST OF POSTS TO DO! 

Ugh its been too long and the worst part is that I was actually using up alot of stuff and makeup bought a few things too which might be a little late on here, but I guess better late than never right?



As you can guess today's post is about primers :) yay! which I think are one of the most important products you will ever need if you wear eye make-up.

I know some make-up artists say you can skip it if you have dry eye lids but I think not. WHY! I hear you say..

Well:


  1. If you have a hooded lid then most likely you will get your eyeshadows or even foundation crease all over it and its not a good look AT ALL!
  2. If you have oily lids but are not hooded then the same will still occur (btw I do not have oily lids but still feel the need to apply a primer despite not having a hooded lid).
  3. Even if you do not have any of the above, you still need something to give you a good long lasting base I have found that wearing nothing on dry lids makes my eyeshadow look very faded and doesn't show up well.


So here are the primers I use and I do actually use them all since they all work very well but do different things.

MAC Paint pot (Bare study)



I have had this for yonks!! and I still use it to be clear about 2 years and it has yet to disapoint me, although when I bought it I did not know what it actually was just that it was a cream eyeshadow, later on I found out that it can be used as a base for eyeshadow to intensify the colour :) so about 3 weeks later I bought 2 other ones Groundwork and Girl freindly.


I describe the colour as a golden pink beige with some shimmer and looks lovely on the lid on its own or with eyeshadow.


SmashBox Photo finish lid primer

I bought this in the summer and I really liked the fact that it was a skin tone colour because I occasionally like to wear a plane light eyeshadow bur need something to even out my lids and as I mentioned before foundation would just crease.The lasting finish feels smooth and velvety.

A nice concealer like primer that can be used alone to even out lids.


MAC Paint (Bare Canvas)

As the name precies it to be it does look like a paint tube but isnt like paint at all its pretty much a long lasting cream eyeshadow, similar to the paint pots but with better performance. I bought this for the same reason as the smashbox but it lasts so much longer but not as opaque as the smashbox primer.

A light cream champagne colour with suttle pink

Urban Decay Primer potion (Original)

 This is the latest edition to my primers collection however I didn't buy it, it came with my naked palette and I only used it recently because I forgot about it :) oops! This primer is clear and long lasting too looks white when it comes out but as you spread it, the colour fades to nothing and leaves a silicone velvet finish to the lids.

MAC BareStudy Paintpot, Smashbox photofinish primer,Urban Decay Primer potion, MAC Paint

No comments: