Tuesday 17 January 2012

Skin care problems

Ok so I have had some real bad problems with my face and while I love wearing make-up and hiding anything that  I feel is annoying but I also love being able to go out wearing nothing at all but moisturiser, many days I go to uni and with just that a little bit of blush, under eye concealer and im done.

 I don't like to get used to wearing foundation everyday as I feel in the long run it isn't the best for your skin.

However about a month a go I started getting a few very stubborn spots and pimples that did not necessarily  have the typical white puss but rather they were the hard deep painful under the skin type that left my skin looking bruised and rather painful looking too and I just could not go out without foundation!

I also had a few spots on my forehead and I could not really get why this was happening, was I having too many lazy days of not taking my make up off properly? was I not eating enough fruits and veg as I used to?

Who knows it could just be a once in a lifetime hormone issue, or maybe my skin is just changing in the mean time I needed something REALLY GOOD to get my skin back to its good condition.

I should just quickly mention what I have been using in the past 2 weeks to try and save my skin but I feel I may need something more tailored to normal combination rather than just dry which for the most part my skin is sometimes, but as I have mentioned I do get the occasional spot and I always have blackheads so maybe my skin is just not oily but more on the drier side yet I still get horrific deep pimples aka (normal/combination)



  • Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing serum
  • Neils yard Orange flower facial oil
  • Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner
I really love the Neils yard facial oil I have gone through 2 already it really moisturises my skin I haven't used a cream for night time for a year.

My mum bought the tri-enzyme set from QVC a year a go and I tried the set for a few months but something is telling me that even though tri-enzyme is designed to combat problematic skin I feel it may be making it worse as I did develop a few new little spots on my forehead and on the clear side of my face BUT people are different I could have something else going on with my skin that I do not know off.

The Elemis balancing toner is the best I feel it moisturises my skin and does not break me out I actually just spray it on to my hands pat together and then pat on to my face.

What I hope will work

After hours of research and reading reviews and other peoples thoughts on this brand I decided to purchase three new products to try and help me with my breakouts.




I basically needed a good eye cream as I use my Bobbi brown one during the day under concealer I decided to get this and keep it next to my bed to remember to use it.

From the Boots website
LA ROCHE-POSAY HYDRAPHASE Eyes 
LA ROCHE-POSAY HYDRAPHASE Eyes 15ML HYDRAPHASE Eyes provides instant, 
long-lasting hydration to reduce the appearance of bags, puffiness and dehydrated
fine lines around the eyes.

From the Boots website 

I bought this because while I need a good cream like the one below to "sort my skin out" I must use a good hydrating cream during the day or it will flake and get worse so I chose this, to be honest there are so many creams to choose from you have to spend a good amount of time reading each one to make sure you get one for your face type I was going to get "very sensitive skin" one but as the whole range is made for that I did not think I needed it.


Intense provides high performance rehydration for sensitive skin and protects skin

from the harmful effects induced by UVA rays. Day after day your skin will feel supple 

and moisturized.



I bought this cream to use as my night cream to work on my problematic skin during the night, I also read that it can be a little drying which is also why I chose to wear it at night it contains so spf so you can do that other people have said they prefer to use it that way too.

If I feel that it is causing really bad dryness I may apply some of the facial oil every now and then to keep my skin moisturises if it needs it.
Product info from Boots website 

EFFACLAR DUO  Corrective and Unclogging Anti-Imperfection Care helps reduce the appearance of imperfections and purifies pores. Effaclar Duo is a complete skincare solution that combines 4 active ingredients to act on the 2 major signs of skin with imperfections. Niacinamide and Piroone Olamine help reduce severe local imperfections by purifying the skin and protecting against breakouts developing. 
The LHA/Linoleic Acid combination helps unclog pores by eliminating dead cells responsible for their obstruction. These active ingredients are combined with soothing and anti-irritating La Roche-Posay thermal spring water.
Pores are purified, and imperfections appear reduced. Skin looks smoother and clearer. It appears to regain a long-lasting balance to help recover the qualities of more healthy-looking skin.
Effaclar is the complete solution adapted for all types of imperfection prone skin. Naturally hyperactive sebaceous glands produce an excess amount of sebum. The skin tends to become shiny. Under the influence of environmental variations, sebum can oxidise and stimulate sebaceous glands even more. The pores get blocked and imperfections may appear.

La roche posay is a French pharmicutical skin care brand that you can buy in the UK in larger boots stores, the boots website states the following about the brand.

La Roche-Posay is the dermatologists brand of choice recommended by 25,000 dermatologists worldwide.
The La Roche-Posay Thermal Spa Water is a truly active dermatological ingredient.
Sourced from a spring in the centre of France, La Roche-Posay Thermal Spa Water is exceptionally rich in anti-oxidant Selenium. It has soothing, softening and anti-irritating properties and it is renowned for its dermatological efficacy. It is the only water used in our products to maximise their efficacy.
  • Hypo-allergenic skincare formulations
  • Non-Comedogenic
  • Optimum concentrations of dermatological active ingredients with soothing thermal spa water
  • Simplified formulas for purity and tolerance
  • All products tests on sensitive skin types
  • Especially designed packaging to minimise any possible bacterial contamination
  • Committed to preserving  the environment through an eco-friendly packaging policy

What I really love about this brand is that they don't contain perfumes or parabens I have such high hopes for this brand especially since I spent a bit on them but let us see what will happen I do hope to give a review in about a month to let you guys know how it is and if I am doing well on it

Has anyone else tried La Roche Posay products? what do you guys think of it?


2 comments:

Muhsine Emin said...

You def need to keep me updated with the la roche posay products, I'm wanting to try them quite badly myself :) What a haul... and u didnt even mention the bazer or bag :P xx

Houda said...

lol I know I should! but I was so tired and wanted some good lighting to take photos of the bag and blazer I actually have so much stuff pending for hauls lol xxx